Friday, August 10, 2012

Bootcamp ...why did it have to end?!

Every night this week, I have had the feeling that something is missing.  Ever have that?  There is some void and you can't quite put your finger on it?

Is it my keys? 
My purse? 
Did I forget to pay a bill?
My kids???!!

Thankfully, none of the above.

 

It's been a week since the completion of the 12 week Fitmixer Bootcamp. And I still can't believe it's over.

No daily workouts in my inbox each day?
No weekly video's?
No homework?!

It seemed so wrong, not to be doing 100 burpees while I watched the Olympics.  Shouldn't I be doing a Tabata routine about now?  What about those mountain climbers? I should just drop and do a few while I wait for the water to boil for this pasta... And I DID, every time, because it just seemed wrong not to.

What the../?!!!!

I guess if it takes 21 days to form a habit, then 12 weeks will change your lifestyle!

When I started this journey, I didn't really know what to expect.  There are "other" bootcamps out there that quite frankly scare the crap out of me.  This one was no exception. 

I worked harder than I have ever worked in my whole life.
I was SO sore, EVERY DAY!
I can't count the number of times that I felt pain in a spot and said, "oh, there's a MUSCLE, there?"
I often couldn't even breath. 
I often couldn't finish a set through, especially in the beginning, it must have taken me 3x's the estimated time to do them!



The results?

  • By the end of it I doubled the number of plyometric lunges and push ups that I could do in a minute.  I was able to hold a wall sit for 2.5 minutes! When I started I was at 42 seconds (and that took herculean, not pretty at all, effort!).
  • I lost 2 inches across the chest, and 3 inches in both my waist and hips!  And although I didn't take measurements of my legs or thighs, I think that was where I saw the most slimming and toning (thanks squat jumps!)  Sorry, not brave enough to post photos yet, but the differences are obvious! (you'll just have to take it from me :)
  • I lost 10 lbs.
  • But best of all?  YES, I was able to kick my OBESE BMI!

I feel so much stronger today than 12 weeks ago - not only physically, but mentally and emotionally too.  On this long road of mine, it was the perfect midway point boost that I needed to continue my journey.  I learned so many much needed lessons on fitness and diet, and received immeasurable emotional and mental support, and was able to deal with things that I didn't realize where hindering my progress!

In a nutshell, those fitmixer ladies are AMAZING.

So there it is, the end.  So awesome! Why did it have to end?!!!

But it can begin for you!

If you are interested in trying the bootcamp, the information is below.  And if you decide to sign up, tell them I sent you!



slim fitmixer Boot Camp Motivation

The next Boot Camp starts September 10, 2012! Here's what's included in your registration:

  • $154.45 worth of fitmixer® product (at retail value):

  • A personalized nutrition plan created by our Registered Dietitian
  • 40 daily workouts created by a certified group fitness trainer
  • Eight (8) weekly webcasts lead by our Registered Dietitian and Fitness Expert
  • Lessons on healthy eating, healthy living, physical fitness, and mental fitness that will last you a lifetime
  • Support from fellow Boot Camp participants through fitmixer.com and the private fitmixer® Boot Camp Facebook Group
  • Direct contact with our Registered Dietician, Fitness Expert, and fitmixer® staff
  • Access to write blogs and leave comments on the fitmixer® website

5 comments:

  1. I'm signed up for the next one! So excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, you're the one commentator on this post that I randomly decided to read tonight! I'm scared and excited! This blog gave me hope with the posted results she got. Oh boy!

      Delete
    2. Yay! You are going to love it. I didn't know I was capable of so much until this bootcamp! I was soooo scared it took me a month go just sign up! Best thing I've ever challenged myself to do!

      Delete
  2. Good job!! I lost 10 lbs from the bootcamp as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go girlie! Thanks for all the support!

      Delete